Here’s what I have done so far today:
- Got up at 04:24. Wrote about 2900 words. Then went to work (real housewifing) at 07:20.
- Did first school run. On time.
- Took younger kids for walk around lake. Did my exercises on the sand (50 situps, 28 push-ups, a bunch of leg-lifts, a yoga sun salutation). Chatted with dog-walkers. Answered kids’ questions. Enjoyed nature. Did second school run. On time.
- Stopped by a grieving neighbour’s house. Listened and hugged. And listened and hugged some more.
- Cleaned the kitchen.
- Did a bit more writing to try to somewhat finish where I’d left off. Now 3257 words. Wondered whether to post it. And on which blog. Then realized it’s too long. And not really finished. So forget it. Ozymandian drafts.
- Now it’s almost time to pick up the kids for lunch.
And… I have no shame hangover. Not from drinking too much wine at least. Yes, sometimes I have “creative shame.” I know I post weird stuff sometimes. But I do it sober. And with the intention to help, more than anything. So, even if I’m crazy, and unclear, I’m being that, and doing that, in my “rightest” right mind. And the rest can be fixed later. Probably thanks to sobriety.
With that in mind, I want to say something… to all you folks contemplating sobriety…
I love it. I would not go back. And, if the Universe lets me have my way… as much as I once loved wine, my love affair with it is over, and… I *will* not go back.
Hope you are well.
2019-09-21 14:14 Edit: post title changed from “if I have my way” to “universe willing”… of course. ;))